All of these things I am not investigating:
- PHP, despite it being a positive career move for me (strange, but true);
- Groovy & Grails despite Scott's brilliant presentation on the two;
- Angular.js despite Kurt's also brilliant presentation (Scott: you still win ;-), and John's equally good one at SotR;
- Ruby, and then Ruby on Rails despite starting some courses on them @ Code School, and actually paying fees to continue;
- oh, and Sinatra too, thanks to Matt piquing my interest;
- ColdFusion's REST implementation, as well as Adam Tuttle's Taffy and Chris Phillip's Relaxation, despite being quite interested in all three (the CF side of things as a baseline, and to see why people don't like it);
- ColdBox, even though I went to all the hassle of holding a survey which you lot helped me with to decide which framework to look at;
- FW/1 because in the process of doing so, I decided it sounded pretty good too;
- not really research, but I'm not finishing my ColdFusion bug-update notification project;
- Ember.js even though Paul's presentation at SotR made it look pretty bloody good, and something perhaps to focus on instead of Angular (if I have time for only one);
- ColdFusion 10's web sockets, despite promising someone I would, and starting some investigation into them;
- ColdFusion 10's new scheduler, even though it looks kinda cool (as far as schedulers can ;-);
- ColdFusion 10's EHCache integration even though it looks execellent too (thanks to Rob's presentation on it);
- submitting a fix for a bug in MXUnit I promised Marc Esher about six months ago, because I haven't got around to writing unit tests for it (and, come on, I can't submit a fix for MXUnit without unit testing it!);
- anything to do with mobile development. No, I'm not doing that either;
- node.js even though Sean recommended it to me as a good career-building option;
- oh, there's a bunch of other stuff too.
This article exists almost entirely to guilt-trip myself into doing something about all this. I've even got about a dozen blog articles underway on all this stuff. That weighs heavy too.
Right. That feels better.
Have a good weekend.